What The Garbage Bin Is For?
- Plastic bags
- Plastic wrap
- Waxed cardboard
- Broken crockery or glasses
- Clothing or shoes
What The Garbage Bin Isn’t For?
- Anything that goes in the recycling bin
- Anything that goes in the organics bin
- Gas cylinders
- Car parts
- Computer parts and e-waste
How Can I Reduce my Household Waste?
Here are a few tips to help you avoid waste:
- Take reusable shopping bags with you.
- Put a ‘No Junk Mail’ sticker on your letterbox.
- Receive bills and correspondence via email rather than post.
- Purchase rechargeable batteries – this will also save you money!
- Dilute your strong household cleaners with some water to make them last longer.
- Being organised with your shopping can help reduce food waste.